November 3rd 2018
2:00PM - 05:00PM
Saturday afternoon, 3rd November 2018, 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For first time in the UK, pharmacists and allied healthcare professionals will have the opportunity to compete for the title of ‘Top Travel Medicine Clinic in Knowledge’.
This is a University Challenge-style competition aimed at increasing awareness and interest in travel health and medicine for health professionals and the general public.
Each pharmacy/health organisation can send 1 or more teams, with each team comprised of between 2 and 4 members.
The questions will surround current travel medicine and health in a Primary or Secondary Care setting (the greater emphasis will be on Primary Care). Questions will be moderated by Honorary Chair, Group Captain Green, Immediate Past Dean of the Faculty of Travel Medicine, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG).
The winning team will be awarded the Travel Medicine Shield and the team member names engraved upon it. The winners of second place, third place and fourth place will each receive medals.
Travel Medicine Cup Competition Rules and Regulations
A team shall consist of between 2 and 4 persons.
The decision of the judging panel will be final and will not be subject to any change.
The questions shall be in the form of multiple choice, True/False statements, specific-answer questions etc.
Selection Round (Multiple Choice)
• Each team will be given a question paper containing 30 multiple choice, objective-type questions with a time limit of 20 minutes.
• 10 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
• A Grand Total mark will be awarded at the end of this round.
• The top 16 teams will be selected for STAGE ROUNDS.
• There will be 5 questions in this round. The team pressing the buzzer first will be given the chance to answer.
• 30 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
• 30 marks will be deleted for each incorrect answer.
• When a team’s score reaches zero or below, the team will be eliminated.
• By the end of each round, 2 teams will have been eliminated.
The Last Four Teams Remaining
• After the first eliminations, the eliminated teams will be awarded third and fourth places immediately.
• The final round will determine the winner and second-place runner-up.
• The winning team will be awarded the ‘Top Travel Medicine Clinic in Knowledge’ title and the Travel Medicine trophy. As participants may come from different clinics/pharmacies, each team member will be awarded a winner medal.
• Team members who came in second, third and fourth places will each be awarded medals.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call 0207 993 2544 or email:
Entry: Participating teams must register via
Audience: Free admissions ticket through Eventbrite from www.travelmedicineconference.com (Under Travel Medicine Cup option on Day 1)